Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm taking my son (my first child) to college in Washington, D.C. tomorrow. We live in Illinois...
I was surfing on etsy the other day and found this wonderful stone pendant at www.steppingstones.etsy.com
God Bless the seller as she got it to me in time for my trip!
This is how her description read: "So calming, like a worry stone, you can just reach up and rub!" How fitting. It's a bit bittersweet, this trip. I'm not really worried about him, as he's flourished into such a wonderful, capable young man. I'll just miss him terribly.

2 comments:

  1. Mona.... you're too sweet.... but you keep making me cry....

    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mona!
    My youngest son is going to college in a few days, too, and it's really hard for me to let go! He'll only be an hour and 15 minutes away. I can't imagine having to let him go to another state! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete